Thursday, March 10, 2011
Successful Entrepreneur Traits
One of the most-asked questions is "what are the traits of a successful entrepreneur?" This question has been asked many times. Below is my list, compiled from both other lists and my own personal experience. Of course, it's a Top-Ten List...
1. Leadership, especially the ability to inspire
2. Fast, good decision-making with limited information (but also willing to change wrong decisions)
3. Positive attitude (but still realistic)
4. Sales skills
5. Good communicator
6. Ability to handle defeat, and the word "no"
7. Creative thinking and out-of-the-box thinking (my #1)
8. Drive, fortitude and the will to succeed
9. Being intuitive and trusting your gut (my #2)
10. Jack-of-all-trades (or the ability to understand all aspects of business somewhat -- from sales, marketing, finance, operations, engineering, negotiating, legal, etc. etc.). Yes, you can hire these skills, but you still need to understand each discipline somewhat (this is the hardest skill set to acquire)